When it comes to the subject of social impact, we’ve done quite a bit of reading. As you likely know, there’s a lot out there – and it can be difficult to determine which resources are worthwhile.
As such, we thought it might be helpful to share some of our favorites – and some that we’ve written ourselves – with you.
The following list is by no means exhaustive, but if you’re looking for some reading over the holidays, check these out:
To start off broadly, these are some of our favorite articles and blog posts that focus on social impact in a more general sense.
- Ending World Hunger (In 500 Words)
- How Everyday People Are Solving the World’s Biggest Problems
- The Year We Thought About Impact
- The Single Biggest Unmet Challenge in Development Today
- How You Can End the Year with Impact
- Smarter, Creative Philanthropy for a Complex World
Corporate Social Responsibility
CSR is a complex and ever-evolving topic, and one that is widely discussed. These articles will help you develop an understanding of what’s happening in the space.
- Merck’s Annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Why Corporate Social Responsibility is Important
- The 5 Elements of the Best CSR Programs
- 8 CSR Trends to Watch Out for in 2015 (Still applicable today!)
- Giving Back and Gaining Fans Through Corporate Social Responsibility Marketing
- The Companies with the Best CSR Reputations
- 6 Resources for Staying Informed About CSR
- CSR Strategy: 4 Questions to Get You Started
- 5 Circular Economy Strategies for Consumer Goods
- The Unusual Suspects: 5 Big Companies That Are Doing Good
The concept of doing well by doing good is changing the way that social impact intersects with business. If you’re interested in learning more, these resources are a great place to start.
- Better Businesses? Here’s Why and How
- A Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Changing the World
- Beyond Marketing: Here’s What I Really Learned as a Social Entrepreneur
- 5 Effective Strategies to Evaluate Your Business’s Social Impact
- How to Make a Sustainable Impact with the Hybrid Model
- Social Enterprise Models for Making a Sustainable Impact
- How to Build a Brand That Matters
We’ve been talking a lot lately about how important it is to take care of yourself if you want to be effective in supporting others. It can be easier said than done, but these resources offer some great advice.
- How to Point Yourself in a New & Impactful Career Direction
- The Burnout Phenomenon
- Everything You Change Changes Everything
- The Power of ‘No’
- Do You Focus on Your Needs or the Needs of Others?
- How to Create a Sense of Purpose in Your Life
Sustainability & Environmental Responsibility
Another element of impact that directly ties into social good Is sustainability. It’s an incredibly vast topic, but these are some great resources to get you started on living more sustainably.
- 4 Unique Ways to Get More Sustainable
- Can Sustainable Consumerism Work?
- 10 Ways to Live More Sustainably Right Now
- Sustainability Starts With You, Yes You
- True Sustainability Means Circularity
If you’re looking for more general resources for staying on top of what’s happening in the social impact space, try these:
- Fast Co.Exist
- Huffington Post Impact
- The Unreasonable Institute
- TED Social Change
- Weber Shandwick’s Social Impact Section
Have you come across an impact-focused resource that’s been particularly helpful or informative? Share with us! We’ll add it to our list. Here’s how: