“Giving back to society brings benefits that far exceed any costs – whether it’s in terms of employee morale, or strengthening the brand name.” – Cisco CEO John Chambers
These days, it’s not just non-profits and social enterprises that are focusing on making a positive impact on our world. Right now, businesses and corporations are stepping up to the plate in unprecedented ways to rethink the way they operate internally, and how they’re affecting the communities they interact with.
On the rise for the past several years, corporate social responsibility (CSR) is much more than a passing trend. In fact, it’s increasingly clear that social and environmental responsibility in business should not and, in many ways, cannot be ignored. Once a brand differentiator, CSR is now a necessity.
Companies who consider and implement programs around social impact are seeing huge benefits, and so are their employees. If you’re on the fence about CSR, here are just a few of the many ways that implementing these programs is good for everyone:
It benefits businesses:
- 96% of consumers have a more positive image of companies when they support social or environmental issues.
- 90% will switch to a cause-branded product when choosing between two brands of equal quality and price.
- 51% will pay extra for products and services committed to positive social & environmental impact.
It benefits employees:
- 67% of professionals prefer to work for socially responsible companies.
- 53% of workers said that “a job where I can make an impact” was important to their happiness.
- Companies with wellness programs saw a 25% reduction in sick leave, 25% decrease in health costs and 32% reduction in workers compensation and disability costs.
And, of course, these programs are good for our world. Here are some amazing examples of these ‘unusual suspects,’ and the positive impact their CSR programs are having on their businesses and the world:
All of these companies are focused on different aspects of social responsibility. Some are focusing their efforts internally, some on environmental impact, others on sourcing their products ethically, and the list goes on. It’s amazing to see how different companies are developing and implementing innovative CSR programs that are also beneficial for them as businesses.
That’s why we’re excited to officially announce that WhyWhisper is now taking clients in the for-profit sector that are looking to identify opportunities for impact, build strategies to make it possible, and communicate that impact to the world. With so many opportunities, it’s crucial that businesses and corporations identify and implement their optimal models – and that’s where we come in. Check out a full list of our corporate services here, and get in touch with us any time here.
To learn more about CSR going forward, subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn).
If you know of a company that is looking to take better care of their employees, consumers, or community, please get in touch with us -- we're excited to connect!